Most UK Libraries offer FREE access to eBooks, audiobooks, newspapers and magazines for all generations. Some even have things like virtual book clubs!
How do I join my library online?
All you need to do to join is to register on your relevant Council Website to receive a Library Card Number and (if applicable) a PIN number – it really is as simple as that! Please note that library services are generally provided by your County Council, Unitary Authority or London Borough and NOT District/Borough Councils or Parish Councils.
Where can I find my library sign-up page?
To help people we have compiled a list of the links to all the library sign-up pages in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. If you encounter any difficulties please just send us a message with your postcode. You can do this by clicking on the help button in the top right-hand corner of your screen. When we receive your request, we will send you the relevant link.
HOW TO SIGN UP TO YOUR LIBRARY ONLINE – STEP BY STEP
- Choose your County Council or Unitary Authority from the list below
- Click on the corresponding link
- Follow the instructions to enter your details and push the submit button. Note – you will NOT be asked for any payment.
- Receive your Library number (and also often a PIN Number) by email
- Enter your number in the same page that you started at (if necessary follow the link to your library service again below)
The doors are now open to your virtual library!
Perhaps you could find a book to read to someone over the phone?
COUNCIL LIBRARY SIGN-UP PAGES
In Northern Ireland, the library service is handled centrally. Just follow this link. Then click Register.