Deep in the Himalayas, on the border between China and India, lies the Kingdom of Bhutan, which has pledged to remain carbon neutral for all time.
In this illuminating 2016 Ted Talk, Bhutan’s Prime Minister Tshering Tobgay shares his country’s mission to put happiness before economic growth and set a world standard for environmental preservation.
WHAT TO DO –
- Make sure that your volume is turned up.
- Click on the play button in the middle of the video below to start the video.
- If you are new to computers and ipads we would suggest that you watch the video like that and if you want to move on just push the “Home” button above to go back to the main menu
- For those with a little more experience you can increase the size of the screen by clicking on the square icon found in the bottom right-hand corner of the video screen.
- If the controls at the bottom of the video disappear just hover your mouse or push your finger on that area and they will reappear.
- You can pause at any time by clicking anywhere on the video screen. Or you can move the circle at the bottom to go forwards or backwards.
- There is no need to stop the video – but if you are in “full screen” mode you will need to revert to normal view (Esc on a computer)
- And then just click Home at the top of this page to go back to our main menu.